Kennesaw State University
3/14/2017 | 2 P.M.
THE BASICSRecords: Kennesaw State (2-2), Radford (3-4)Score: Kennesaw State 22, Radford 15Key Players: Connor Zophy (3 goals, 6 assists, 3 caused turnovers), Sydney Farwick (5 goals, 1 assist, 8 draw controls, 4 ground balls), Emily Napierala (4 goals and 1 assist) Box Score (PDF) | Box Score (XML)THE STORYLINE:
· The Kennesaw State women’s lacrosse team continued their offensive explosion against Radford pouring in a season-high 22 goals behind nine points from Connor Zophy and five more goals from Sydney Farwick. The final tally ended up being 22-15 after KSU posted double-digit goals in each half.HOW IT HAPPENED:
· After Izzy Palermo got the scoring going, Radford took their only lead in the game at 2-1 five minutes into the contest. Facing an early deficit, Zophy took the game over by either scoring or assisting on eight of the next nine goals by Kennesaw State to give the Owls a 10-7 lead in the first half.
· The score was tied at 7 at one point, but KSU rattled off the next seven goals in the game to take a comfortable lead early into the second half.
· With just under 15 minutes to play, Radford got within five at 17-12, but Kennesaw State scored the next four goals putting the game out of reach to secure their second victory in a row.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
· When these two teams square off there is lots of scoring. The Owls totaled 31 points in the game, which is the third most in school history. Last season, KSU had 32 points against Radford.
· The Owls topped 20 goals for the second game in a row after scoring 22 against the Highlanders. KSU has scored at least 10 goals in four straight halves.
· Zophy tied a school record with nine points scoring three goals and dishing out six assists. The six assists broke her previous record of five assists in a game for the most in …